1.01.2015

New years resolution: Closet Cleanup & 30 days of outfits


I am a clothing horder.  I can admit this I love clothes.  I think it came from a mix of being surrounded by hand-me downs, and when I was older my mom started buying me my own clothes.  It felt like freedom to mix in what I chose and had a selection of super cool clothes from my sisters.
Now I have a huge mix of clothes.  I have slowly started getting rid of my old clothes because I have a story a reason to keep all of them, and when I don't need them they become painting clothes.
Now the first challenge to myself is 30 days of outfits!
Rules:
1.) Use all of my layering pieces, you cannot use the same cardigan 2x in the same week.
2.) Rotate your bottoms, use a skirt 1-2 times a week.
3.) Do not repeat a top in the month
4.) You cannot do the same outfit even a hoodie and jeans on a Saturday this month.
5.) work out outfits can totally repeat.

Pretty easy right? not too hard so stay tuned for that I will do a recap of outfits!

The next challenge I give myself will be Closet Clean up:

This is harder I have a dresser and 2 places where I hang clothes. I feel like the 30 of outfits will help me understand what I no longer want in my closet. I have been trying to make sure that the clothes I buy are 100% natural out of my own desire for a closet.  I want my clothes to have a purpose in my closet and not just sit there since it's pretty.  I am also hoping I can organize my clothes once and for all! And not just keep them because I like looking at them. Some of them I will keep.  I love my Designer Dresses! 

No comments: